Crime figures are on the rise, and this means every Australian homeowner needs to ensure they have adequate protection against the opportunist burglar, who is constantly on the lookout for an easy target. There are, of course, many ways to beef up your home security, and like everything else, cost plays a major part in our decision, and the latest generation of aluminium roller shutters offer the homeowner a system that simply ticks all the boxes and doesn’t cost a fortune.
- Simple Yet Effective – Installing window roller shutters literally places a barrier between the exterior and interior, and this is more than enough to deter even the hardened criminal. Almost all burglaries occur when no one is at home, and once you have installed the shutters, simply close them before you leave, and with automatic locking, your home is protected. It is a good idea to also have the shutters fitted to the doors, which gives you the ultimate protection.
- Marine Grade Aluminium – This is the ideal material for roller shutters and it is more than a match for the salty atmosphere in coastal areas. There is a wide range of powder coated colours to choose from, so you can be sure to keep things in line with the overall look of your property, and the units are guaranteed not to fade, crack, or peel.
- Automated Solutions – You can have remote control operation, and if you would like to be more eco-friendly, there are solar powered systems that will not add to the already high electricity bill. Smooth operation means effortless adjustment, and that takes the hard work out of opening or closing the units.
- Sound Insulation – Aside from the obvious protection, there are many other benefits from installing roller shutters, and sound insulation is but one. As the units are made to measure, this creates a sound barrier, and as the new barrier is a good distance from the existing windows, this adds to the sound insulation properties. Sleeping during the day can be a problem with all the external noise, and if you work shifts, roller shutters will allow you to sleep well at any time of day or night.
- Self-Locking Solutions – Modern roller shutters incorporate an automatic locking mechanism that activates when the units are closed and this means you will never have to remember to lock them whenever you go out.
- Storm Protection – We all know just how inclement the Australian climate can be, and with the shutters fully closed, your windows and doors will be fully protected. Storm damage can be quite substantial, and the windows are the obvious areas for concern, yet strong aluminium shutters will ensure that your home is fully protected in stormy weather.
All of the above benefits are very affordable with roller shutters, and with a long product warranty, you can expect to receive many years of trouble free service.